How to choose a knife ?
Which blade for which use ?
There are two types of knives for RALI handplanes. Chrome steel knives for standard use and tungsten carbide knives for hard timber or abrasive materials.
Chrome steel blades:
For use with soft to medium timber, fir type.
Available in 3 versions:
- 48 mm: for handplanes 105, 220 et 260, with rounded angles
- 30 mm: for rebate G30, B03, G03, Pocket Pocket with sharp angles
- 30 mm: for RALI matic handplane, with rounded angles
30 mm 30 mm 30 mm
Tungsten carbide blade (hard metal):
For use with medium hard timber, glued panels, MDF, OSB, BLC, aluminium.
Available in 2 versions:
- 48 mm: for handplanes 105,220 and 260, with rounded angles
- 30 mm: for handplanes G30, B03, G03, Pocket with cutting angles
48 mm 30 mm
The blades for surfacing planes are slightly curved, so as not to leave marks when planing a surface.
The blades for rebate planes are perfectly flat.